Introducing BASSET On The Fly
We’re excited to announce the launch of our third online training website, BASSET On The Fly! BASSET On The Fly is licensed by the Illinois Liquor Control Commission (ILCC) to provide both the On-Premise and Off-Premise BASSET certification courses for seller-servers in Illinois. BASSET stands for Beverage Alcohol Sellers and Servers Education and Training. BASSET is the State of Illinois’ responsible beverage seller/server program. Under the licensing and regulatory auspices of the Illinois Liquor Control Commission, BASSET is designed to encourage profitable, responsible, and legal alcohol sales and service.
The Goals and Objectives of the BASSET Program Are:
- Train and educate sellers and servers to engage in responsible alcohol service;
- Spot signs of intoxication and utilize various intervention techniques;
- Prevent DUIs and alcohol-related fatalities;
- Stop underage sales and underage drinking;
- Create safer communities and establishments where alcohol is served;
- Educate owners, managers and staff on dram shop insurance, state laws, and local ordinances regarding alcohol service.
TABC On The Fly has been fortunate to provide the TABC certification course both online and on-site since 2013, and we’re now one of the largest providers in the state. In 2017, we launched Certified On The Fly, which is licensed by the Texas Department of State Health Services to provide the online Texas Food Handler course.
Although rules and regulations may vary state-to-state, your responsibility as a seller-server, manager, or owner remain the same. As someone who sells or serves alcohol on a daily basis, you play a vital role in public safety whether you realize it or not. You are often the only person keeping a minor from obtaining alcohol and injuring or killing themselves or others. You are often the person responsible for cutting someone off when they need to be, therefore ensuring they don’t get behind the wheel and hurt people.
At BASSET On The Fly, our goal will remain the same: To provide the information and knowledge needed to make informed decisions and follow the law.Back to Blog