AUTOMATIC EMAIL ALERTS BEFORE YOUR EMPLOYEES’ TABC CERTIFICATES EXPIRE
Your company is eligible for Safe Harbor protection by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission only if certain criteria are met. Making sure all employees are TABC certified plays a big role in protecting your business.
If one of your employees is charged with selling or serving alcohol to a minor or intoxicated person, your license to sell or serve alcohol could be cancelled or suspended unless you qualify for Safe Harbor. To qualify, all of the following criteria must be met, two of which require your employees to have a current TABC certification:
- The person selling/serving is not an owner or an officer of the company;
- The person selling/serving holds a current seller-server training certificate from a TABC-approved school;
- All employees engaged in the sale, service, or delivery of alcoholic beverages, as well as their immediate managers, must be TABC certified within 30 days of their hire date;
- The employer has written policies for responsible alcohol service and consumption and ensures that each employee has read and understands these policies; and
- The employer does not directly or indirectly encourage the employee to violate the law.
You can find more information regarding Safe Harbor on the TABC website.
Keeping track of when all your employees’ TABC certificates expire can be challenging. As a manager or owner, we know you work a million hours and have a lot on your plate, so let TABC On The Fly handle this for you. We created a free online roster system that automatically generates email alerts to both you and your employee 1 month before their TABC certificate expires. This gives you and your employee ample time to make sure they renew their TABC certificate and ensure your company stays protected.
PAYING FOR YOUR EMPLOYEES IS EASY WITH PRE-PAID CODES
Need to pay for your employees to get their TABC certification online? It’s easy with our pre-paid code system. When you create a free Employer Account, you can immediately buy pre-paid codes in any quantity that makes sense for your business. When it comes time for one of your employees to get TABC certified, just give them one of the codes and they’ll enter it on the payment page when they enroll. It’s that easy.